1. Thomas1 Barnes; Thomas Barnes settled in Hingham in 1637 where he had a grant of land. Freeman 1645 came from Hingham Old England Savage I page 122-3
married Anna (--?--). He was born in 1602 at Hingham, England. He died on 29 Nov 1672 at Hingham, Mass.
Children of Thomas1 Barnes and Anna (--?--) were as follows:
2. Peter2 Barnes (Thomas1) was born on 6 Jun 1652 at Hingham, Mass. He married Anna Canterbury, daughter of Cornelius Canterbury and Anna (--?--), in Jul 1679 at Hingham, Mass. He died on 17 May 1742 at age 89.
Children of Peter2 Barnes and Anna Canterbury were:
3. John3 Barnes (Peter2, Thomas1) was born on 5 Apr 1691. He married Elizabeth Vinton, daughter of Blaise Vinton and Lydia Hayden, on 5 Aug 1715. He died on 25 Apr 1778 at age 87.
Children of John3 Barnes and Elizabeth Vinton were:
4. John4 Barnes (John3, Peter2, Thomas1) was born on 18 Nov 1718. He married Margaret Curtis, daughter of William Curtis and Margaret Pratt, on 24 Dec 1746. He died on 18 Mar 1788 at age 69.
Children of John4 Barnes and Margaret Curtis were:
5. Ensign5 Barnes (John4, John3, Peter2, Thomas1) was born on 22 Oct 1753. He married Susannah Jacob, daughter of Benjamin Jacob and Susanna Beal, on 8 Oct 1786. He died on 6 Oct 1830 at age 77.
Children of Ensign5 Barnes and Susannah Jacob were:
6. Helen M.6 Barnes (Ensign5, John4, John3, Peter2, Thomas1) was born on 27 Aug 1807. She married Henry Kenney Horton, son of Gideon Horton and Temperance Kenney, on 23 Jun 1834. She died on 18 Oct 1877 at age 70.
Children of Helen M.6 Barnes and Henry Kenney Horton were: