1. Kelem1 Winslow married Catherine (--?--). He was born at Kersewall, Kempsy, Worcestershire, England.
Children of Kelem1 Winslow and Catherine (--?--) were:
2. Edward2 Winslow (Kelem1) married Magdalen Oliver. He was born on 18 Oct 1560 at Droitwich, Worcestershire, England.
Children of Edward2 Winslow and Magdalen Oliver were as follows:
3. ii. John, born Apr 1597 at England; married Mary Chilton.
3. John3 Winslow (Edward2, Kelem1)
John Winslow came to Plymouth in 1621 in the 'Fortune'. He married Mary Chilton in 1627. He was a Representive in 1653 and two years more. In 1657, he moved to Boston where he became a thrifty merchant. He was a Freeman in 1672. His son John was the one who brought to Boston in Feb 1689 from the West Indies, the Declaration of William, Prince of Orange, on land in England, and was imprisoned by Gov Andros for publishing the libel.
Savage IV page 601
A brother of Edward Winslow, he came on the Fortune, He was a purchaser and he was on the1633 Freemans List. On July 31 1633, the Court noted that John Beaven had covenanted to serve John Winslow for six years. On July 23 1634, Mr Timothy Hathery turned over his servant Ephraim Tinkham to John Winslow for the rest of his term. On March 3 1634-5 he was on the Committee to asses colonists for the cost of the watch and other charges. He served on various committees and juries as a Deputy for Plymouth. In 1653, he was appointed to the Council of War. Around -1655, he moved to Boston where he became a wealthy Merchant and ship owner, though he still retained his lands in Plymouth and in 1662, he was on the list of 'first born' men of Plymouth to share in land distribution. He left 3000 pounds, in personal property, a good part in money and this was a substantial sum for the time. Plymouth Colony
John Winslow was born in Apr 1597 at England. He married Mary Chilton, daughter of James Chilton and Susanna Furner, in 1630 at Plymouth Colony, Mass. He died in 1674 at Boston, Mass.
Children of John3 Winslow and Mary Chilton were as follows:
i. Joseph4 died in 1679.
ii. John died in 1683.
iii. Sarah, married Richard
Middlecott; married Tobias Paine; married Miles
iv. Susanna married Robert Latham in 1649. She died before 1683.
4. Sarah4 Winslow (John3, Edward2, Kelem1) married Tobias Paine. She married Richard Middlecott. She married Miles Standish Jr in 1660. She died in 1726.
Children of Sarah4 Winslow and Richard Middlecott were:
There were no children of Sarah4 Winslow and Tobias Paine.
There were no children of Sarah4 Winslow and Miles Standish Jr.
5. Edward4 Winslow (John3, Edward2, Kelem1)
Edward Winslow was a Mariner and died I Feb 1683 and in his will, he gave his wife
use of his estate for life if she remained a widow. If she married, only 1/3 and the other 2/3rds
to his children, except that each of his two sons should have double shares.
Savage IV page 600
Edward Winslow - married Sarah Hilton. He married Elizabeth Hutchinson, daughter of Edward Hutchinson and Catherine Hambry. He was born in 1634. He died on 1 Feb 1683.
Children of Edward4 Winslow and Elizabeth Hutchinson were as follows:
Children of Edward4 Winslow and Sarah Hilton were as follows:
6. Issac4 Winslow (John3, Edward2, Kelem1) was born in 1644. He married Mary Nowell, daughter of Increase Nowell and Parnell Gray, in 1666. He died in 1670.
Children of Issac4 Winslow and Mary Nowell were:
7. Jane5 Middlecott (Sarah4Winslow, John3, Edward2, Kelem1) was born on 16 Sep 1682. She married Elisha Cook, son of Elisha Cook and Elizabeth Leverett, on 7 Jan 1703 at Boston, Mass.
Children of Jane5 Middlecott and Elisha Cook were:
8. Edward5 Winslow (Edward4, John3, Edward2, Kelem1) married Elizabeth Pemberton, daughter of Benjamin Pemberton and Elizabeth (--?--).
Children of Edward5 Winslow and Elizabeth Pemberton were:
9. Parnell5 Winslow (Issac4, John3, Edward2, Kelem1) married Richard Foster, son of William Foster and Ann Brackenbury, on 4 May 1686. She died in 1751.
Children of Parnell5 Winslow and Richard Foster were as follows:
10. Joseph6 Cook (Jane5Middlecott, Sarah4Winslow, John3, Edward2, Kelem1) was born in 1705. He married Martha Glass, daughter of John Glass and Martha Temple, on 20 May 1724.
Children of Joseph6 Cook and Martha Glass were:
11. Elizabeth6 Winslow (Edward5, Edward4, John3, Edward2, Kelem1) was born in 1712. She married Richard Clarke, son of William Clarke and Hannah Appleton, on 3 May 1732 at Boston, Mass. She died in 1783.
Children of Elizabeth6 Winslow and Richard Clarke were as follows:
12. Issac6 Foster (Parnell5Winslow, Issac4, John3, Edward2, Kelem1) Isaac Foster was a sea captain, making frequent Voyager is between Boston and Europe; and in 1765 was called merchant; he was quite a prominent citizen of Charleston, and his name often occurs in Frothinghams history of the town was born on 30 Jan 1704. He married Eleanor Weyer, daughter of William Weyer and Eleanor Jenner, on 24 Aug 1732. He died on 27 Dec 1781 at age 77.
Children of Issac6 Foster and Eleanor Weyer were as follows:
i. William7 was born on 27 May 1733.
ii. Issac was born on 28 Aug 1740.
iii. Eleanor, born 4 Aug 1746; married Dr. Nathaniel Coffin.
Will of Mary Chilton
Leiden and The Puritans
Grandmothers Attic Our Family Branches