1. John1 Plympton;; John Plympton of Dedham 1~42, probably came over some years before for Dr. Alcock, made Freeman May 10 1643. He moved after the "Great War" began. I suppose Deerfield was where he was injured. His son Jonathan was killed by Indians 18 Sept. 1685 at Bolldy Creek, and he was taken 2 years and 1 day after the death of Jonathan, by the Indians, carried towards Canada and killed, one report says by burning at the stake.
Savage III page 447
He was born in 1620. He married Jane Dummer, daughter of John Dummer and Abigail (--?--), on 13 Jun 1644. He died in 1677.
Children of John1 Plympton and Jane Dummer were as follows:
2. Joseph2 Plympton (John1) was born on 7 Oct 1653 at Medford, Mass. He married Mary Morse, daughter of Daniel Morse and Lydia Fisher, on 2 Nov 1675. He died on 20 Jun 1702 at age 48.
Children of Joseph2 Plympton and Mary Morse were as follows:
3. Lt. Joseph3 Plympton (Joseph2, John1) was born on 15 Mar 1676. He married Priscilla Partridge, daughter of William Partridge and Sarah Colborne, in 1699. He died on 21 Oct 1729 at age 53.
Children of Joseph3 Plympton and Priscilla Partridge were:
4. Simon4 Plympton (Joseph3, Joseph2, John1) was born on 10 Feb 1707. He married Ruth Morse, daughter of Joshua Morse and Mary Paine, on 13 May 1735.
Children of Simon4 Plympton and Ruth Morse were:
5. Ezekiel5 Plympton (Simon4, Joseph3, Joseph2, John1) was born on 7 Jun 1748. He married Esther Boyden, daughter of John Boyden and Thankful Morse, on 19 Apr 1779. He died on 2 Jan 1817 at Medford, Mass, at age 68.
Children of Ezekiel5 Plympton and Esther Boyden were:
6. Ursula6 Plympton (Ezekiel5, Simon4, Joseph3, Joseph2, John1) was born on 4 Nov 1794. She married James Dupee, son of James Dupee and Esther Hawes, on 24 Sep 1818. She died on 17 Aug 1878 at age 83.
Children of Ursula6 Plympton and James Dupee were:
7. James Alexander7 Dupee (Ursula6Plympton, Ezekiel5, Simon4, Joseph3, Joseph2, John1) James Alexander Dupee
James Alexander Dupee spent much of his leisure time gathering family papers and corresponding with other branches of the Dupee family, in Chicago and San Francisco. He wrote papers for the New England Genealogical and Historical Register. He was opposed to the marriage of his daughter Jeannie Ursula to William Richardson Dupee because of the intermarriage of cousins in past generations To add to that W. R. was a bit of a playboy.
He was born on 22 Jun 1819. He married Abigail Elizabeth Baldwin, daughter of Josiah Baldwin and Jane McIntosh, on 9 Mar 1843. He died on 18 Oct 1886 at age 67.
Children of James Alexander7 Dupee and Abigail Elizabeth Baldwin were:
8. Jeannie Ursula8 Dupee (James7, Ursula6Plympton, Ezekiel5, Simon4, Joseph3, Joseph2, John1) Jeannie Ursula Dupee 1845 -1911
Her family was very much against her marriage to William R. 'They did not believe that cousins should marry. I suspect that James Alexander did not approve of him as a person either. James Alexander was a genealogist and he was well aware of all the intermarriage that had occurred in the family.
was born on 23 Jun 1845. She married William Richardson Dupee, son of Cyrus Dupee and Elizabeth Odell English, on 20 Apr 1866 at Brighton, Mass. She died on 1 Mar 1902 at Chestnut Hill, Mass, at age 56.
Children of Jeannie Ursula8 Dupee and William Richardson Dupee were as follows:
Our Family Branches Grandmothers Attic