1. William1 Dennison;; William Dennison came to New England and settled in Roxbury and Cambridge1 married Margaret Chandler, daughter of Tobias Chandler and Joan Mumford. He died on 25 Jan 1653.
Children of William1 Dennison and Margaret Chandler were as follows:
2. Major Gen. Daniel2 Dennison (William1) Major General Daniel Dennison -III
Dennison - Daniel, Cambridge 1633, son of William of Roxbury, born in England 1612, Freeman I April 1634, married Patience, daughter of Gov. Thomas Dudley, who survived and was extrix of his will, removed to Ipswich with its early planters and was Representive 1635 and seven years after, speaker 1649 and 1651 and 2. Artillery Company 1660 and in every rank to the highest in 1660. An Assistant from 1654 until death 19 Sept 1682 aged 70. His widow died 8 Feb. 1690- Savage II page 36 - Also look at The Dudley Family by Dean Dudley Vol. I Letter to his grandchildren
was born in 1613 at England. He married Patience Dudley, daughter of Gov Thomas Dudley and Dorothy Yorke, in 1632. He died on 19 Sep 1682.
Children of Major Gen. Daniel2 Dennison and Patience Dudley were as follows:
3. John3 Dennison (Daniel2, William1) married Martha Symonds, daughter of Samuel Symonds. He was born on 10 Jan 1639. He died on 9 Jan 1671 at age 32.
Children of John3 Dennison and Martha Symonds were as follows:
4. Elizabeth3 Dennison (Daniel2, William1) was born on 10 Apr 1642 at Ipswich, Mass. She married John Rogers, son of Rev Nathaniel Rogers and Margaret Crane, on 14 Nov 1660. She died on 13 Jun 1723 at Ipswich, Mass, at age 81.
Children of Elizabeth3 Dennison and John Rogers were as follows:
5. Rev. John4 Dennison (John3, Daniel2, William1) married Elizabeth Saltonstall, daughter of Col. Nathaniel Saltonstall and Elizabeth Ward.
Children of Rev. John4 Dennison and Elizabeth Saltonstall were:
6. Elizabeth4 Rogers (Elizabeth3Dennison, Daniel2, William1) was born on 26 Feb 1661. She married Hon John Appleton, son of John Appleton and Patricia Glover, on 23 Nov 1681. She died on 13 Mar 1754 at Ipswich, Mass, at age 93.2
Children of Elizabeth4 Rogers and Hon John Appleton were as follows:
7. Rev. John4 Rogers (Elizabeth3Dennison, Daniel2, William1) John Rogers - /3
John Rogers was the son of President John Rogers born at Ipswich July 7th 1666 and graduated at Harvard College in 1684 and in October 1692 and was ordained colleague with Rev Mr Hubbard in the Ministry at Ipswich. His colleague was subsequently was Rev Jabez Fitch and afterwards his son Rev Nathaniel. He married March 4 1691, Martha Whittingham, daughter of William Whittingham of Ipswich. He died Dec 20 1745, and his wife March 9 1759 ( Nathaniel, one of the children was the grandfather to the Rogers now ( 1850 ) of Salem Mass. Their fathers name was also Nathaniel. He was a teacher at Salem, and dying at an early age, his widow followed the same calling ) Rev John Rogers first wife was Martha Smith whom he married in 1687
3 was born on 7 Jul 1666 at Ipswich, Mass.3 He married Martha Whittingham, daughter of William Whittingham and Mary Lawrence, on 4 Mar 1691. He died on 28 Dec 1745 at Ipswich, Mass, at age 79.3
Children of Rev. John4 Rogers and Martha Whittingham were as follows:
-- Daniel Rogers was born at Ipswich Mass July 28 1707 and was graduated at Harvard
College 1725. He was for many years one of the tutors of that Institution. A silver can was presented to him by his Students and engraved with a coat of arms etc, and is in the possession of one of his grandchildren, early in life he was ordained a preacher but over no particular church, preferring occasional supply of destitute churches to an early settlement. He was much acquainted with Mr Whitfield, traveling with him through various parts of the country. He offered prayer at the funeral of Mr Whitfield, who was buried at Newburyport, and was also one of the pall bearers. In August 1748 he was ordained pastor over a newly gathered Church at Exeter in New Hampshire and continued there until his death on 10 December 1785. A marker in the upper buryingground in Exeter marks the place of his burial. He married in the same year of his settlement ( 1748 ) Anna Foxcroft, daughter of Rev Thomas Foxcroft of Boston From Family Papers
Rogers - Daniel Ipswich, son of President John - He was a schoolmaster, town clerk and register of probate although his handwriting is ill and he perished in a cold snowstorm on Hampton Beach on I Dec 1722 See Genealogical Register VI 1642
Savage III page 559
t 1st Minister of the 2nd Church, Exeter. He was graduated in 1725 at Harvard College, Cambridge, Mass; He was a tutor for 9 years and a fellow of the Corporation.6
8. Daniel4 Rogers (Elizabeth3Dennison, Daniel2, William1) married Sarah Appleton, daughter of John Appleton and Patricia Glover. He was born on 25 Sep 1666 at Ipswich, Mass. He died on 1 Dec 1722 at Hampton Beach at age 56; He died in a violent snowstorm.7
Children of Daniel4 Rogers and Sarah Appleton were as follows:
9. Nathaniel4 Rogers (Elizabeth3Dennison, Daniel2, William1) married Sarah Purkiss, daughter of George Purkiss. He was born on 22 Feb 1670.
Children of Nathaniel4 Rogers and Sarah Purkiss were as follows:
10. Patience4 Rogers (Elizabeth3Dennison, Daniel2, William1) married Benjamin Marston. She was born on 13 May 1676.
Children of Patience4 Rogers and Benjamin Marston were: