Descendants of Chad Brown
Brown married Elizabeth
Sharparowe on 11 Sep 1626 at High
Wycombe, Bucks, England. He died in 1672 at Providence,
Children of Chad1 Brown and Elizabeth Sharparowe were as follows:
- i. Judiah2;
- ii. Daniel; m. Alice Hearden, daughter of Benjamin Hearden and Elizabeth White,
25 Dec 1669 at Providence, RI; d. 29 Sep 1710.
- iii. James; m. Elizabeth Carr, daughter of Robert Carr; d. before 1683.
- iv. Chad;
- 2. v. Jeremiah, b. at Newport, RI; m. Mary
- 3. vi. John, m. Mary Holmes; b. circa 1629.
Brown (Chad1) was born at Newport, RI. He married Mary (--?--) before 1676. He died in Oct 1680.
Children of Jeremiah2 Brown and Mary (--?--) were as follows:
- i. James3;
- ii. John;
- iii. Mary; m. John Paine.
- iv. Daniel; b. at Newport,
RI; m. Frances
Watson, daughter of John Watson and Dorcus Gardner; d. Nov 1726.
- v. William; b. circa 1676; m. Elizabeth Robinson, daughter of Rowland Robinson and Mary
Allen, 2 Nov 1707 at North Kingston, RI; d. 12 Feb
- vi. Hannah; m. Jonathan Haven; b.
1679; d. 4 Aug 1754.
- 4. vii. Samuel, m. Mercy Carr; b. Mar 1680 at Newport, RI.
Brown (Chad1) married
Mary Holmes, daughter of Obidiah Holmes and Catherine Hyde.
He was born circa 1629. He died circa 1706.
Children of John2 Brown and Mary Holmes were as follows:
- 5. i. Martha3,
m. Joseph Jencks.
- ii. Mary; m.
- iii. Sarah;
m. John Pray,
son of Richard Pray and Mary (--?--), 14 Nov 1678.
- iv. Deborah; Reference: 3002.
- v. Obidiah; b. at Providence, RI; d. 24 Aug 1716 at Providence,
- vi. Ensign John; b. 18 Mar 1662 at Providence, RI; m. Isabel Matthewson 9 Jun 1696 at Providence,
RI; d. 19 Sep 1719 at Providence, RI, at age 57.
Brown (Jeremiah2, Chad1)
Carr, daughter of Edward Carr and Hannah Stanton. He was born in Mar 1680 at Newport, RI. He died in 1762 at South
Children of Samuel3 Brown and Mercy Carr were as follows:
- i. Sarah4; m. Thomas Peckham; b. 12 Dec 1703.
- ii. Mary; b.
17 Jul 1705; m. Thomas
Phillips 11 Jun 1725; d. 1737.
- iii. Jeremiah; b. 29 Oct 1707 at North Kingston, RI; m. Hannah Sherman, daughter of Abiel Sherman and Dorcus Gardner, 9
Dec 1742; d. 30 Oct 1796 at age 89.
- 6. iv. Penelope, b. 27 Oct
1709; m. Jonas Minturn.
- v. Samuel; m. Sarah (--?--); b. 5 Nov 1711 at North Kingston, RI.
- vi. Elizabeth; b. 28 Oct 1713; d. before 1762.
- vii. Capt. John; m. Elizabeth (--?--); b. 14 Nov 1715 at
North Kingston, RI; d. 1809.
- viii. Freelove;1 b. 29 Jan
- ix. Zephaniah; m. Alice Wilson, daughter of Jeremiah Wilson and Mary
(--?--); b. 23 Dec 1721 at North Kingston, RI.
- x. Daniel; b. 1727 at South Kingston, RI; m. Deliverance Medbury, daughter of Nathaniel Medbury and Dorothy Brown,
25 Oct 1747 at North Kingston, RI; d. Apr 1784 at Warwick, RI.
Brown (John2, Chad1) died at Providence,
RI. She married Joseph
Jencks, son of Joseph Jencks and Esther Ballard.
Children of Martha3 Brown and Joseph Jencks were as follows:
- 7. i. Martha4,
m. Peleg Cook.
- ii. Obidiah;
- iii. Catherine;
- iv. Nathaniel;
- v. Lydia;
- vi. John;
- vii. Mary;
Brown (Samuel3, Jeremiah2,
born on 27 Oct 1709. She married Jonas Minturn on 31 Dec 1732.
Children of Penelope4 Brown and Jonas Minturn were:
- i. William5; b. 18 Mar 1738; m. Penelope Greene, daughter of Benjamin
Greene and Niobe Paul, 24 Aug 1766.
Jencks (Martha3Brown, John2, Chad1) married Peleg Cook, son of John
Cook and Mary Mott.
Children of Martha4 Jencks and Peleg Cook
- i. Patience5; b. 1720; m. Thomas Arnold, son of Richard Arnold and Mary Woodward,
1748; d. 7 Aug 1805.