1. Bertha King1 Bartlett (Franklin, #2) Bertha King Bartlett was elected 1st woman Trustee of the New York Genealogical and Historical Society in 1941. She was an expert in American Antiques and participated in the creation of Winthuthur with her friend Harry Dupont. After her death many of the pieces in her house went there and to the City Museum and the Met. She was also on the Committee to redecorate the White House with Eleanor Roosevelt. A very powerful woman who had more male friends than female. I think they were scared of her married Harry Horton Benkard, son of James Julius Benkard and Fanny Gage Horton, in 1901 at New York, NY. She was buried in 1945 at New York, NY. She died in Aug 1945 at Oyster Bay, NY.
2. Franklin2 Bartlett (William, #4)
married Bertha King Post (see #3), daughter of Minturn Post and Mary Ann King. He was born in 1847 at Grafton, Mass. He died on 23 Apr 1909 at New York, NY. He was Lawyer and Rep. to Congress between 1840 and 1880 at New York.
Children of Franklin2 Bartlett and Bertha King Post (see #3) were:
3. Bertha King2 Post (Minturn, #6) married Franklin Bartlett (see #2), son of William Osborne Bartlett and Agnes Willard.
4. William Osborne3 Bartlett (Otis, #8) was born on 3 Apr 1820. He married Agnes Willard (see #5), daughter of George Willard and Sylvia Chapin, on 23 Oct 1845 at Grafton, Mass. He died on 23 Apr 1881 at age 61.. He was Lawyer, Professor and Author of legal books at New York, NY.
Children of William Osborne3 Bartlett and Agnes Willard (see #5) were as follows:
5. Agnes3 Willard (George, #10) was born on 17 May 1823 at Mass. She married William Osborne Bartlett (see #4), son of Otis Bartlett and Waite Buffum, on 23 Oct 1845 at Grafton, Mass. She died on 21 May 1853 at Mass at age 30.
6. Dr. Minturn3 Post (Henry, #12) was born on 23 Jun 1808. He married Mary Ann King (see #7), daughter of James King and Ellen James, on 18 Sep 1844. He died on 26 Apr 1869 at age 60.
Children of Minturn3 Post and Mary Ann King (see #7) were:
7. Mary Ann3 King (James, #14) was born on 7 Dec 1819. She married Minturn Post (see #6), son of Henry Post and Mary Minturn, on 18 Sep 1844. She died on 12 Mar 1892 at age 72.
8. Otis4 Bartlett (Elisha, #16) was born on 20 Feb 1778. He married Waite Buffum (see #9), daughter of William Buffum and Lydia Arnold, on 20 Oct 1803 at Smithfield, RI. He died in 1855.
Children of Otis4 Bartlett and Waite Buffum (see #9) were as follows:
9. Waite4 Buffum (William, #18) was born on 29 Sep 1783 at Smithfield, RI. She married Otis Bartlett (see #8), son of Elisha Bartlett and Ruth Arnold, on 20 Oct 1803 at Smithfield, RI. She died on 26 Apr 1823 at age 39.
10. Dr. George4 Willard (Samuel, #20) was born on 8 Oct 1787. He married Sylvia Chapin (see #11), daughter of Ameriah Chapin and Olive Taft, on 21 Dec 1809. He died on 20 Oct 1846 at age 59.
Children of George4 Willard and Sylvia Chapin (see #11) were:
11. Sylvia4 Chapin (Ameriah, #22) was born on 16 May 1790. She married George Willard (see #10), son of Samuel Willard and Olive Frost, on 21 Dec 1809. She died on 20 Aug 1842 at age 52.
12. Henry4 Post (Henry, #24) Henry Post
was born on 11 Jan 1774. He married Mary Minturn (see #13), daughter of William Minturn and Penelope Greene, on 12 Jun 1806. He died on 30 Jan 1847 at age 73.
Children of Henry4 Post and Mary Minturn (see #13) were:
13. Mary4 Minturn (William, #26) was born on 25 Nov 1771. She married Henry Post (see #12), son of Henry Post and Mary Titus, on 12 Jun 1806. She died on 26 Jul 1872 at age 100.
14. James4 King (Andrew, #28) was born on 11 Jul 1780. He married Ellen James (see #15), daughter of William James and Mary Ann Connolly, on 17 Jun 1818. He died on 20 Jun 1841 at age 60.
Children of James4 King and Ellen James (see #15) were:
15. Ellen4 James (William, #30) was born on 23 Apr 1800. She married James King (see #14), son of Andrew King and Jane Trimble, on 17 Jun 1818. She died on 19 Apr 1823 at age 23.
16. Elisha5 Bartlett (Abner, #32) Bartlett, Elisha
The 20th Century Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans, Vol. 1, p.208
BARTLETT, Elisha, physician, was born at Smithfield, R.I. Oct. 6, 1805. After his
from the medical department of Brown university in 1826, he was appointed lecturer on
pathological anatomy at the Berkshire medical institution. In 1838 he went to Dartmouth
college,[p.209] where for two years he filled the chair of the theory and practice of medicine andpathological anatomy. He was subsequently professor in the Transylvania college, Lexington,Ky., in the University of Maryland, and in the University of New York. In 1852 he was appointed to the chair of material medica and medical jurisprudence in the College of physicians and surgeons. New York, holding the position until the year of his death. From 1843 to 1852 he lectured at the Vermont medical college. Among his published works are the following: "History, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Typhoid and Typhus Fever" (1842); "History, Diagnosis, and Treatment of the Fevers of the United States" (1847); "Inquiry into the Degree of Certainty in Medicine" (1848); "Brief Sketch of the Life of William Charles Wells" (1849); "Discourse on Times, Character, and Writings of Hippocrates" (1852), and "Simple Settings in Verse for Six Portraits and Pictures in Mr. Dickens's Gallery" (1855). He was also editor of the Monthly Journal of Medical Literature in Lowell. He died in the house in which he was born, July 18, 1855. was born on 7 Sep 1742. He married Ruth Arnold (see #17), daughter of Stephen Arnold and Rachel Arnold, on 5 Sep 1769. He died on 16 May 1804 at age 61.
Children of Elisha5 Bartlett and Ruth Arnold (see #17) were:
17. Ruth5 Arnold (Stephen, #34) was born on 1 Oct 1753. She married Elisha Bartlett (see #16), son of Abner Bartlett and Abigail Arnold, on 5 Sep 1769. She died in Mar 1784 at age 30
18. William5 Buffum (Joseph, #36) was born on 20 Dec 1741 at Salem, Mass. He married Lydia Arnold (see #19), daughter of Thomas Arnold and Patience Cook, on 1 Nov 1767 at Smithfield, RI. He died on 27 Aug 1829 at Smithfield, RI, at age 87.
Children of William5 Buffum and Lydia Arnold (see #19) all b. at Smithfield, RI, were as follows:
19. Lydia5 Arnold (Thomas, #38) was born on 16 Oct 1740. She married William Buffum (see #18), son of Joseph Buffum and Margaret Osborne, on 1 Nov 1767 at Smithfield, RI. She died on 10 Jul 1828 at age 87.
20. Dr. Samuel5 Willard (Nathum, #40) was born on 3 Nov 1748 at Worcester, Mass. He married Olive Frost (see #21), daughter of Ameriah Frost and Esther Messinger, on 3 Nov 1777. He died on 9 Sep 1811 at Uxbridge, Mass, at age 62.
Children of Samuel5 Willard and Olive Frost (see #21) were:
21. Olive5 Frost (Ameriah, #42) was born on 19 Feb 1753. She married Samuel Willard (see #20), son of Nathum Willard and Elizabeth Townsend, on 3 Nov 1777. She died on 30 Apr 1851 at age 98.
22. Ameriah5 Chapin (Joseph, #44) was born on 20 Apr. He married Olive Taft (see #23), daughter of Jacob Taft and Esther Marsh, on 10 Jan 1778. He died on 18 Apr 1840.
Children of Ameriah5 Chapin and Olive Taft (see #23) were:
23. Olive5 Taft (Jacob, #46) was born on 16 Mar 1745. She married Ameriah Chapin (see #22), son of Capt Joseph Chapin and Ruth Taft, on 10 Jan 1778. She died on 3 May 1839 at age 94.
24. Henry5 Post (Richard, #48) was born on 1 Aug 1733. He married Mary Titus (see #25), daughter of Edmund Titus and Sarah Titus, on 3 Jun 1761. He died on 4 Apr 1810 at age 76.
Children of Henry5 Post and Mary Titus (see #25) were as follows:
25. Mary5 Titus (Edmund, #50) died. She was born on 17 Jul 1740. She married Henry Post (see #24), son of Richard Post and Mary Willis, on 3 Jun 1761.
26. William5 Minturn (Jonas, #52) was born on 18 Mar 1738. He married Penelope Greene (see #27), daughter of Benjamin Greene and Niobe Paul, on 24 Aug 1766.
Children of William5 Minturn and Penelope Greene (see #27) were as follows:
27. Penelope5 Greene (Benjamin, #54) was born on 21 Aug 1746. She married William Minturn (see #26), son of Jonas Minturn and Penelope Brown, on 24 Aug 1766. She died on 26 Apr 1821 at age 74.
28. Andrew5 King married Jane Trimble (see #29). He was born in 1748. He died on 6 Nov 1815.
Children of Andrew5 King and Jane Trimble (see #29) were:
29. Jane5 Trimble married Andrew King (see #28). She was born in 1766. She died on 25 Apr 1797.
30. William5 James was born on 29 Dec 1771. He married Mary Ann Connolly (see #31), daughter of Bernard Connolly and Eleanore (--?--), on 22 Dec 1798. He died on 19 Dec 1832 at age 61.
Children of William5 James and Mary Ann Connolly (see #31) were:
31. Mary Ann5 Connolly (Bernard, #62) was born in 1777. She married William James (see #30) on 22 Dec 1798. She died on 23 Apr 1800.